Sailing yacht KAIRÓS
Our first ship – and with her this special sailing concept was founded in 2007. KAIRÓS with its 38 m length and 556 m² sail area is about a half smaller than the two big sisters CHRONOS and RHEA.
The KAIRÓS with its 8 guest cabins and max. 16 guests is in comparison to the two larger ships much more individual and the atmosphere is even closer to yacht sailing, even if the available space is somewhat smaller.
In Greek mythology, KAIRÓS symbolizes the fleeting, even short 'favourable moment', which has to be grabbed at the right moment.
What a symbol for our sailing cruises!
Cabin plan of the KAIRÓS
KAIRÓS – cabins & equipment
Lots of room for lots of enjoyment! The 38-meter KAIRÓS offers a total of 8 comfortable double cabins for up to 16 staying guests, all of which are air-conditioned (individually regulated) and equipped with their own bathroom.
6 double cabins category A:
- Size about 10-11 m²
- Double bed (2 m x 1.50-1.70 m)
- Bathroom with WC and shower cabin (90 x 90 cm)
2 double cabins category B:
- Size about 8-9 m²
- One with a double bed ("Anitra")
- and one with bunk bed ("Aun")
- Each with wet cell
- Hair dryer in the sink cabinet
- Hand and bath towels
- Individually regulated air-conditioning
- Power outlets 24 V and 230 V
- Life jackets/fire extinguishers
KAIRÓS – data & facts
The 38 m long staysail schooner (Bermuda schooner) KAIRÓS was designed by Klaus Röder and built in 2007 in steel in the style of a classic yacht. It combines outstanding sailing performance with spacious cabins and comfort.
The outline on deck is of teak and mahogany, large open deck area, saloon for all guests below deck, sitting capacity for all guests on deck, admiralty ladder for swimming. In the saloon there is a plasma TV/DVD and a small on-board library.
The KAIRÓS is registered as a passenger ship (Commercial Cruising Vessel CCV) under the Dutch flag. Homeport is Rotterdam, class: Register Holland. The professional crew consists of a captain, first mate, mechanic, bosun, cook, 2 stewards (food).
All modern safety equipment is available on the ship. Radar, navigation and safety equipment, two generators, bow thrusters and the electronically retractable sails guarantee the high current standards.
- Overall length 38 m, width 8.20 m, hull length 35 m, sail area 556 m²
- 2-mast schooner, 160 GT, MAN 400 HP engine
- 2 generators, air conditioning, water desalination
- Radar 96 sm, EPIRB, SART, Iridium satellite phone
- 2 dinghies AB Lamina 12” with 15 and 40 HP
- Water skiing, wake board, tuberiding, snorkelling equipment
- Deck mattresses and benches
A little foretaste of life on board and the most beautiful sailing areas in the world are shown on our videos on our YouTube channel. Take a look!
Sailing cruises on the KAIRÓS
Wind in the sails, waves that carry you gently and the sound of the sea – is there a greater way to travel around the most spectacular areas in the world? Discover the pearls of the seas? In Greek mythology, KAIRÓS symbolized the 'favourable moment', which has to be grabbed at the right moment. With this in mind: Welcome aboard!